Window regulators are not just for breezing purposes. They are for safety reasons, and you save them in your car or anything you are driving. Sometimes window regulators can break anytime, but you can replace or repair car regulators. To know how to replace window regulator, this piece of content can help you, so let’s start.
Tools Required for Window Regulator Replacement:
The tools required for replacing the window regulators depend on the type of vehicle. Generally, the following tools are used for this purpose.
- Torque wrench
- Safety glasses
- Socket and ratchet set
- Interior trim removal tools
- Window crank handle removal tool
- Rivets and rivet guns
- Wood piece
- Fabric tape.
Instructions for Removing and Installing the Window Regulators
Here are the detailed instructions regarding window regulator replacement:
Removal of window regulators:
You can remove the window regulator by following the instructions.
- First of all, wear your safety glasses.
- Raise the window to a position where it is nearly closed. Then secure it to the door by using fabric tape.
- Remove the panel of the door. The door panel is removed in the following ways.
- Remove the mount cover of the mirror.
- Remove the handle of the door and the handle cap of the inner door.
- Remove the lock switch assembly of the door and power window.
- Remove the armrest.
- Remove the panel of the door.
- Remove the water deflector that is present in the door panel.
- Remove the mounting bolts of the window by using a wrench.
- Support the window by using a piece of wood or something else that can perform the same function.
- Disconnect the electrical connector of the motor of the window.
- Remove the assembly mounting bolts of the window regulator by using a ratchet.
- Slide the window regulator to remove it.
Installation of Window Regulator:
You can install a new window regulator in the following ways.
- Make a comparison of the old window regulator with the new window regulation for the same type and design confirmation.
- The next step includes sliding the regulator assembly through door openings.
- Hold the window at the exact place through any assistant. Remove the fabric tape and wooden block.
- Carefully tightens the mounting bolts by using a torque wrench.
- Reconnect the electrical connector with the motor of the window.
- Reinstall the switch assembly of the power window. Check whether the window is working or not by operating it. If it is working, then disconnect the switch assembly and remove it.
- Install the water deflector and door panel again.
- If the initialization is necessary for the window, then you must follow the method described in the repair information explained by the manufacturer.
Window regulators are a must thing in all vehicles. If it is functioning improperly, then you must need to replace it. The instructions mentioned above will surely help you remove and install your car’s window regulator.